Monday, December 3, 2012

Thailand 3; Pai; Thanksgiving Remix

Holidays are the hardest time to be away from home, luckily not only did I find the Asian version of Thanksgiving food, but because of Skype randomly turning on by itself, I was able to Skype my mom as well. A Thanksgiving miracle!

After eating falafels for breakfast and watching my friend get a tattoo (you know, typical Thanksgiving activities), I spent the better part of the day searching for a Thanksgiving food with my British and Dannish friends who had no idea how important pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving is, yet remained enthusiastic and optimistic. In the end I had an Asian version of Thanksgiving provided by the street venders; chicken and vegetable kebab= turkey and green beans, blueberry smoothie=cranberry sauce, pumpkin egg roll= pumpkin pie (which I convinced a random American on the street to buy so we could toast) cheese and banana roti= just plain good (and contributed to my the stretching out of the elastic band on my skirt).

Although it wasn't a typical Thanksgiving, it was spend with quality people and was a good reminder to appreciate the small things like days spent going on missions for pumpkin pie with people that have never experienced it (yes, pumpkin pie is an experience).
















No comments:

Post a Comment